Admissions to the Executive Master in Business Administration (EMBA) Program
The Executive Master in Business Administration (EMBA) is a 45 credit-hour graduate program designed to be completed in two years, with participants attending courses on weekends while maintaining their full-time employment status. Admission into the EMBA does not require an undergraduate business degree or the completion of business foundation courses; instead, the curriculum is designed for working professionals from a variety of educational backgrounds. The program intends to empower participants to become impactful business leaders; as such, instead of delivering in-depth knowledge in a single specific functional business area, the courses provide a broad management overview that allows participants to develop a comprehensive understanding of all business fields. Participants are required to have several years of work experience after their undergraduate degrees and will complete the program as a cohort.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 or equivalent (Very Good) in Bachelor’s Degree
- Successful candidates should have from three to five years of professional work experience
English Language Proficiency Test:
- A valid IELTS certificate (Academic version) with minimum scores of 6.5 overall and 5.5 in writing or equivalent TOEFL iBT
- A letter from their employing organization stating its agreement with the student’s participation in the program and allowing time from work, as necessary, to participate in the program
- Three reference letters from supervisors and others in superior positions within the employing organization or others who can provide appropriate references
- Each candidate who otherwise meets the selection criteria will be personally interviewed by a committee of program administrators and faculty. The interview will provide an opportunity to see the candidate in a setting of personal interaction and thus can help to determine whether or not the candidate has the right skill set for the program.